Gear Up Minnesota!
Gear Up Minnesota! is an equipment grant program administered by Minnesota Hockey. The program is made possible because of significant financial contributions made by the Minnesota Wild Foundation, Total Hockey, and RBC Wealth Management.
The intent of Gear Up Minnesota! is to provide associations with a tool that will allow them to attract new players and make hockey more accessible. In previous years, equipment grants from Minnesota Hockey have been used by associations across the state to significantly increase new players. And these results didn’t happen because of luck….it happened because of the creativity and hard work of many association volunteers throughout the State of Hockey!
Now is your association’s opportunity! Please let us know what your association will do with an equipment grant. It can be a novel concept that has never been done before or it can be the same thing that worked really well at another association. What matters is whatever it takes to get more boys and girls involved in hockey. To apply for a grant, please fill out the form below.
- Grants will likely be for starter hockey equipment, however we will consider all requests.
- The granting committee will consist of representatives from Minnesota Hockey, USA Hockey, and the contributing sponsors.
- The deadline to apply is February 28, 2011. Grants will be announced as soon as possible, likely in April 2011.
- If you would like to send any supporting documents along with your application, please email them to email@example.com or mail to Minnesota Hockey; 317 Washington St.; St. Paul, MN 55102
- Questions? 651-602-5727 or info@minnesotahockey