Recognize Your Coach! 3M and Minnesota Hockey are proud to present the “HEP Coach Recognition Program” to recognize hockey coaches whose behaviors provide for a positive athletic experience allowing players to develop to greatest potential, have fun and learn to love the game.
Coaches meeting the following criteria:
- Excel at teaching hockey skills and the game for the appropriate level of play in a fun and positive environment.
- Model and teach respect for opponents, officials and the rules of the game.
- Uses positive reinforcement for effort and good play
- Uses mistakes as a learning experience
- Stress that developing skills and having fun is more important than winning
- Communicates effectively with players, officials, parents and administrators
- Share a passion for the game
Each coach who is nominated and meets the above criteria will be recognized with:
Every nomination meeting the criteria will receive a framed recognition certificate and valuable coaching resource. The award will be sent to the nominator so that the nominator can make the presentation to the coach. From the nominations received during the months of November, December, January and February two coaches will be selected to receive a Minnesota Hockey coaching jacket and will be recognized on-air during a Wild broadcast.
From all the nominations twenty coaches will be selected at the end of the season from all the nominations to have the opportunity to attend a training session with the Wild.
Nominations: Parents, players, officials and other coaches are encouraged to nominate coaches who meet the criteria. Nominations will be accepted November 1, 2009 through February 29, 2010. To nominate your coach, please fill out the form below (or click here to access the PDF form to nominate your coach). Please answer a minimum of three of the questions below.